This is my open source knowledge base. If i had to explain – what is the difference between Open Source and Closed Source software – i would say – Open Source software is (usually) made with love.
Love or not – capitalism keeps spinning faster and faster – and linux is simply:
- high quality software made, tested, documented and administrated with love and care by technology enthusiasts who believe technology can be used for good
- open source respects your privacy
- robust, resilient, reliable
- fast & efficient
- easy to install and use (Debian & Ubuntu)
- runs on almost all hardware (Debian & Ubuntu)
- free as in freedom – not as in free beer
So there is really no reason not to boot it, give it a plug & “it-just-works”-test-drive with
super fast debian based ideal linux boot stick ideal-linux.de. (was an marketing failure, sales during workshops: 100%, sales online: 0%, people simply need more education about GNU Linux!)
please make ur own Debian GNU Linux USB stick via: https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-10.3.0-amd64-mate.iso
PS: But yes – also love needs some effort to keep it stable, secure, safe, up to date and running (maintenance).
This OpenSource KnowledgeBase is dedicated to empower you to use OpenSource software – that treat its users fair and protect your privacy.
Feel free to comment and recommend