This is my open source knowledge base. If i had to explain – what is the difference between Open Source and Closed Source software – i would say – Open Source software is (usually) made with love.
Love or not – capitalism keeps spinning faster and faster – and linux is simply:
- high quality software made, tested, documented and administrated with love and care by technology enthusiasts who believe technology can be used for good
- open source respects your privacy
- robust, resilient, reliable
- fast & efficient
- easy to install and use (Debian & Ubuntu)
- runs on almost all hardware (Debian & Ubuntu)
- free as in freedom – not as in free beer
So there is really no reason not to boot it, give it a plug & „it-just-works“-test-drive with super fast debian based ideal linux boot stick.
PS: But yes – also love needs some effort to keep it stable, secure, safe, up to date and running (maintenance).
This OpenSource KnowledgeBase is dedicated to empower you to use OpenSource software – that treat its users fair and protect your privacy.
Feel free to comment and recommend 🙂
How do you communicate with the world around you?
- Mail (15%, 41 Votes)
- WhatsApp (13%, 37 Votes)
- SMS (10%, 29 Votes)
- Telegram (10%, 28 Votes)
- Facebook (10%, 27 Votes)
- Face2Face, Meetings, Stammtisch, Messen, Events (8%, 22 Votes)
- Twitter (7%, 20 Votes)
- Diaspora Social Network (6%, 17 Votes)
- Web-Forums (5%, 14 Votes)
- LinkedIn (3%, 9 Votes)
- Xing (3%, 8 Votes)
- WebRadio / Podcast (3%, 7 Votes)
- I write a Blog (3%, 7 Votes)
- i send Newsletters (2%, 6 Votes)
- Newspaper / Zeitung (1%, 4 Votes)
- I Youtube Podcast (1%, 2 Votes)
- NewsGroups (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 73