- Solar Panel 100W (12V?) and Battery Charger (12V) https://www.offgridtec.com/en/complete-systems/solar-system-autarkic/offgridtec-solar-bausatz-basic-starter-100-watt-12v.html
- Solar Panel Module Voltage: (Vmp) 17,6V
- Victron BlueSolar PWM-Light 12V 24V 10A -> DataSheed
- 12V -> 5V Car USB Adapter: https://www.ebay.de/itm/12V-24V-2-USB-3-1A-Auto-Boot-Ladegerät-Steckdose-Voltage-Panel-Volt-Meter-MA1108/142339472965
- the good thing about this adapter is you also see the voltage of the Battery (low voltage -> needs charging)
- Battery: You CAN use just a simple 12V Car Battery from a local store (probably best option… those suckers are Lead-Acid-HEAVY!)
- What is a little more „pro“ but also little more expensive is a 12V-AGM (stay charged over months and can also do DeepCycle which normal car batteries do not like) or Lead-Gel-Battery:
- battery storage: you can not leave the battery out in the winter to die. (so this is a summer-only setup, in winter i guess you don’t need a lot of irrigation, or you will have to do this manually with the ram pump (more robust, no electronics).
the battery came wrapped in styrofoam/styropor (perfect insulator) and cardboard/cartonage.
i just kept this as casing for the battery and it served me well.
works like a charm:
btw: Yes you can also Solar Charge your phone with this 🙂
I would buy this adapter instead:
- and connect the 12V cigarette lighter socket „DIRECTLY“ to the battery… so you can power a laptop (which draws a lot of power straight after you plugin your laptop’s power-supply (just for a few seconds) startup-current/“Einschaltstrom“, the charger can not handle such power surges)
- of course it is important for your laptop power supply adapter should be 12V ready